| Home |
Previous | First
to Install the Cinema Premiere Personal Server
- Once you download the current full release CinemaPremierePS-x.x.zip,
- It contains three files: the source, the database and the modified
php.ini that you should have already copied to your Windows directory
during the installation of PHP.
If has not been copied, copy it over now.
- Newer versions of MySQL have the my.ini configured to have the database files in C:/Documents and Settings/All Users/Application Data/MySQL/MySQL Server 5.1/Data/ instead of in C:\Program Files\MySQL\MySQL Server 5.1\data so depending on your version either extract the CinemaPremierePSmymediax.x.zip file into C:\Program
Files\MySQL\MySQL Server 5.1\data or C:/Documents and Settings/All Users/Application Data/MySQL/MySQL Server 5.1/Data. If you had currently run
the Personal Server Test, you will need to reboot your PC before you
can overwrite the database files.
- Extract the CinemaPremierePSSourcex.x.zip file into the C:\Inetpub\wwwroot
folder (or whereever your root folder is such as C:\Program
Files\Abyss Web Server\htdocs if you installed the Abyss web
- If you added a root password when you installed and configured MySQL and you have not yet edited the Personal Server config file to add the password, do it now.
- The config file will be C:\inetpub\wwwroot\cinemapremiereps\configdb.php.
- You can open configdb.php with notepad and add your password in the db_password field between the single quotes.
- Save the file.
- Go to C:\Inetpub\wwwroot\cinemapremiereps\cpbrowser (or <root folder>\cinemapremiereps\cpbrowser)
- There are two .exe files; one is for the normal movie manager (CinemaPremierePS.exe)
and one is for the limited movie manager (CinemaPremierePSLimited.exe)
which is limited to searching, sorting and playing movies. You can
create shortcuts to these files and place them on your desktop or you
can drag a shortcut to your Programs -> Startup menu to have it start
when your PC boots up.
- Now you must allow your <root folder>\cinemapremiereps to be shared or you will get a Permission Denied error.
- Right click on your cinemapremiereps folder and select Properties.
- Select the Web Sharing tab.
- Select Share this folder.
- Check all Access permissions then press OK
- Press Apply, then OK
- Once you have installed the web server, php, MySQL, and the personal
server, you should reboot your computer before testing the movie manager.
Previous | First | Top