| Home |
Previous | Next
to Install the Cinema Premiere Personal Server Test
- Once you download CinemaPremierePSTest-1.0.zip,
- It contains three files: the source, the database and the modified
php.ini that you should have already copied to your Windows directory
during the installation of PHP.
If has not been copied, copy it over now.
- Newer versions of MySQL have the my.ini configured to have the database files in C:/Documents and Settings/All Users/Application Data/MySQL/MySQL Server 5.1/Data/ instead of in C:\Program Files\MySQL\MySQL Server 5.1\data so depending on your version, either extract the CinemaPremierePSTestmymedia.zip file into C:\Program
Files\MySQL\MySQL Server 5.1\data or C:/Documents and Settings/All Users/Application Data/MySQL/MySQL Server 5.1/Data.
- If you added a root password
when you installed and configured MySQL, you will have to edit the
Personal Server config file to add the password.
- The config file will
(or <root>\cinemapremierepsTest\configdb.php if you installed
a different web server.) .
- You can open configdb.php with notepad and add your password
in the db_password field between the single quotes.
- Save the file.
- Extract the CinemaPremierePSTestSource.zip file into the C:\Inetpub\wwwroot
- Once you have installed the web server, php, MySQL, and the personal
server test, you should reboot your computer before testing the movie
- Now the test! Go to C:\inetpub\wwwroot\cinemapremierepsTest\cpbrowser.
Double click on homelimited.htm. The movie manager (limited version)
should display showing the 4 movies. If it does, you are ready to
purchase the Personal Server Movie Manager. If it does not, you need
to figure out where you went wrong.
- One step is to install
phpMyAdmin and make sure you can get it to work.
- Do you see mymedia in the Database: dropdown menu?
- Check to make sure you installed everything to the correct folders.
- Make sure you didn't skip any steps.
Previous | Next | Top