Movie Manager Features
- Edit/Delete Movies
Once you add the movie to the movie database, you can edit any of the movie information you want. Four fields that you may want to edit are:
- the seen field, which is a check box for whether you have seen the movie or not
- the personal rating field, which is your rating of the movie on a scale of 1 to 10
- the notes field, which can be anything you want from who borrowed the DVD to the quality of the DivX movie.
- the cover location, which is the thumbnail image you can click on to play a movie on your hard drive. For example, if you added a home movie, you can select any .jpg image you have on your hard drive as the thumbnail. For Cinema Premiere Online, the file size limit is 10K. For the Personal Server, there is no limit size.
You can edit the movie either directly from the edit screen or from the search results screen in text, list, summary or detail view by selecting the 'Info/Edit' arrow or 'Edit' link.
There is also a special batch edit feature which allows you to change certain fields of a large number of movies. One example is if you imported a bunch of movies from D:\movies and you later you wanted to move those movies to E:\Family Movies, you would want to change the movie file location in your database to reflect that change so that when you clicked on the movie from the movie manger to play it, it would know where to find the movie file.
If you want to delete a movie or multiple movies from the database, there are several options.
- Delete a single movie either from the delete screen or the edit screen
- Delete multiple movies from the delete multiple screen
- Delete all your movies from the delete all screen
- Delete whatever you want using the delete command line screen. This is for advance users who know MySQL commands or for the daring person willing to learn. This option is only in Cinema Premiere Personal Server as it could result in disaster on a multi-user system.